I²P™ is the Individual Intellectual Property represented by all employees.
Frequently, company executives are unable to capture the full return on their investment because they do not capture the full I²P of each employee. This is a result of ineffective Conversational Dynamics resulting in a breakdown of Relationship and Trust.
The conditions of satisfaction to unleash I²P include:
- Committing to a vision
- Creating an environment where relationship and trust flourish
- Ability to have authentic conversations
- Process and practices to unleash I²P and think creatively
These conditions will create the mental space for collaboration, cooperation and coordination of action. When we work with companies on developing an environment to further unleash the I²P, we will always start with a discovery process that tells us the current “state of affairs”. One of the elements of the discovery process will help us identify ideation techniques and tools that would work best within the company.
There is no one-size-fits-all technique in the creation of theI²P. Depending on organizational dynamics and the future concern, you can use a variety of linear and intuitive techniques and tools to invent breakthrough products, services and ways of doing business. These tools can include simple techniques such as brainstorming, scenario planning, I-Triz, imagery, drawing and many more.
Our ERM Process helps companies develop competency in I²P by:
- Identifying the most appropriate ideation techniques
- Applying the ideation techniques to create a large inventory of possibilities
- Determining which possibilities represent the best opportunities