This course teaches the key concepts and skills required to lead an ERM Strategic Initiative. ERM is a strategic initiative aimed at protecting, nurturing and increasing the asset value of the employee base.
While corporate strategies focus on markets and technology, the ERM strategy focuses on building, nurturing, developing and retaining the human resources necessary to execute the corporate strategy. ERM focuses on the talent market and given the "War for Talent" the ‘ERM Effect’ represents a winning strategy for not only HR professionals but also the entire organization.
Leaders will learn the underlying principles of ERM and how ERM, as a strategic initiative, can be implemented through a Six Step Process. Participants will understand the importance of each step and how each step has to be executed to produce a successful implementation of an ERM program. The core of the program is the realization that companies do not innovate or execute – people do; companies do not do business with each other, but it is the people at companies that do business with people at other companies.
Leaders will learn how ERM creates an action-focused, commitment-based culture throughout the organization by building relationship and trust that translates into:
- Accelerated value creation and higher productivity
- Reduction of fear and waste, the major inhibitors to innovation and creativity
- Handling conflict resolution in a manner that builds teamwork and commitment
- People willing to step up and commit to creating the Breakthroughs necessary to produce sustainable Breakaway Innovation®
- An environment where people are willing to commit to extraordinary results
- Greater mindshare and engagement of all employees
- Increased employee retention resulting in reduced turnover
The ERM Concepts and Skills Integrated Program contain eleven contiguous modules. Each module adds to and builds on the previous module. The eleven modules are:
|Course||Time (Hours)||Estimated CEU|
|Module 1: Building an ERM Culture||8||8|
|Module 2: Visionary Leadership||8||8|
|Module 3: Change Management||8||8|
|Module 4: DNA of Conversations||8||8|
|Module 5: Accountability and Responsibility||8||8|
|Module 6: Conversational Dynamics||8||8|
|Module 7: Authentic Conversations||8||8|
|Module 8: Conflict Resolution||8||8|
|Module 9: Commitment & Enrollment||8||8|
|Module 10: Creating Breakthroughs||8||8|
|Module 11: Coaching Within an ERM Context||8||8|